Ever thought about the smoothest method to get rid of extra hair permanently? If you are thinking about waxing, shaving, or tweezing, let me tell you, you’re mistaken. Because these hair removal treatments don’t come near to the positive after-effects of laser hair removal treatment. In this blog, you will learn everything about laser hair removal and what to do before and after the treatment.
Table of Contents
Laser hair removal is the most permanent method to eliminate extra and unwanted body hair. In laser hair removal treatment, the practitioner sends heat waves of laser energy to the hair follicles. After receiving heat from the laser, follicles get heated, and their natural growth cycle gets disturbed.
Laser hair removal is the most effective hair removal treatment, but it takes several sessions to show complete results. Targeted hairs shed off on their own after some weeks of the treatment. But after 1st treatment, the hair grows back much more thinner, lighter, and finer.
Moreover, with every session of laser hair removal, less and less hair continues to grow back until, at one point, hair completely stopped to grow back again. This treatment can be done on any body part, including your arms, legs, stomach, back, underarms, neck, private parts, bikini, and other parts where you don’t want to see extra hair.
If you want to have laser hair removal treatment, there are things that you have to consider before the treatment. Such as,
- The area where you want to get laser hair removal treatment done must be shaved 24 hours before the treatment or appointment time.
- The closer the shave, the better the results.
- If it is your 1st time, then it will be okay to leave a small patch of hair for your practitioner to examine the hair. ( Your practitioner will shave those hair by himself after the examination.)
- If you want bikini service, do not shave the area where you want to keep your hair.
- Do not apply any lotion, makeup, or deodorant on the day of the appointment.
- Stay out of direct sunlight or ultraviolet rays for at least 3 days before the treatment if you want to get better results.
- If you want to avoid any injury from the treatment, you should avoid spray tanning or self-tanner for at least 2-3 weeks.
- Do not get high for at least 24 hours before the treatment.
- For better results, avoid waxing, threading, or tweezing the area where you want the laser hair removal treatment, although shaving is OK.
- You should avoid laser hair removal treatment if you are trying to conceive, breastfeeding, or pregnant.
- Bikini service is not good for you if you are in your menstrual period.
For more information, you can come to Meridian Spa for a consultation.
Many people think their job is done after a laser hair removal treatment, but this isn’t quite right. There are so many things that you have to look after, after the treatment. Such as,
Bumps and redness are normal after laser hair removal, and there’s nothing to be worried about. It may seem like sunburn for some time. This is common after the treatment and can last up to 2 hours or more.
Moreover, people with darker skin tones may feel more discomfort than those with lighter skin. If you feel the intensity of the burn on the treated area, you can use a cold compress. Or if there’s any crusting on the skin, you can apply an antibiotic cream.
Clean the treated area with pure gentle, and mild soap. After washing, you should have to dry your skin gently. Do Not rub the treated area for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
Moreover, you have to keep the treated area clean and dry, and if there’s any redness or irritation, then you have to avoid your makeup or skincare routine until your skin gets normal.
Dead hair will start to shed right after your treatment, but in some cases, it might take 5 to 30 days from the treatment day. This is a normal thing that anyone can face, so if this is your 1st time, do not get upset or frustrated.
Also, hair can start shedding more quickly than expected.
After 5 to 30 days from the treatment, hair shedding might start, which can also happen because of the growth of the new hair. But most of the time, it is not the new hair growth but the dead hair pushing its way out from the hair follicles.
Moreover, you can help hair to come out by washing the treated area with a washcloth.
If you do not want to get lighter or darker spots on the skin for almost 2 months, then you have to avoid sun exposure as much as possible. If you want to get out in the sun, you can use sunscreen SPF 25 or higher for 2 months straight.
You have to avoid picking and scratching the treated skin and must not use any other hair removal method until all the sessions. However, you can always shave the treated area, not any other method or hair removal product.
Hair growth may vary after every hair removal session, and you might feel hairless skin and the happiness of a life-changing moment.
Laser hair removal is the most effective modern time hair removal treatment. But it also requires the most care out of any other hair removal treatment. Also, if you want to remove extra hair permanently, you must provide care to the treated area. Or else you have to face the side effects of it.